On New Year’s Eve, Russia attacked several regions of Ukraine with a record number of drones, including Odessa (south) and Lviv (west), where at least one person died and a port terminal and the university where the nationalist and nationalist studied were damaged. Nazi collaborator Stepán Bandera.

“A powerful massive drone attack lasted 11 hours. The kamikaze drones were launched in the afternoon and the anti-aircraft defense finished its work around 04:00 local time,” the Southern Defense Forces said on their Telegram channel.

The Ukrainian Air Force stressed that on New Year’s Eve, “the enemy used a record number of Iranian Shahed-type attack unmanned aerial vehicles.”

In total, Russia launched 90 drones and four S-300 anti-aircraft guided missiles over Ukraine, as well as three Kh-31P anti-radar missiles and one Kh-59, he said.

The missiles hit Kharkov (east), Kherson and Zaporiyia (south), while the drones targeted Mikolayiv (south), Vinytsia (central-west), Dnipropetrovsk (central), Kherson and the Kirovograd region (central), besides Leopolis (west).

Ukrainian air defenses shot down 87 of the 90 drones, according to the Air Force.

The southern Defense Forces explained that Russia’s obvious priority in the south was the port infrastructure of Odessa, where a fire broke out in one of the port terminals, which was quickly extinguished.

Around midnight, Russian forces launched drones over residential areas where citizens were going to celebrate the New Year, as a result of which debris from the downed unmanned vehicles damaged at least three private and agricultural buildings, and one person died.

This is a 15-year-old teenager, according to the head of the State Administration of the Odesa Region, Oleg Kiper.

The mayor of Lviv, Andrí Sadovi, in turn denounced that Russia attacked two objects of national memory in the city: the Dubliany University where Stepan Bandera studied 100 years ago and the museum dedicated to the commander of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA) Roman Shukhevich .

The mayor explained that the museum was completely destroyed, a fact that EFE was able to verify in situ.